Falcon Ridge Third Grade Educational Assistant Job Description
Job Status: All Applicants
Job Title: Third Grade Educational Assistant
Location: Falcon Ridge Public Charter School
Reports To: Principal
Hours: Part time (3.5 hours per day)
Salary: $11.00 hourly
Educational Assistant Job Summary:
The principle function of this position is to provide instructional assistance to students. The educational assistant works with individual and/or small groups of students to increase learning skills and levels; ability to work with students experiencing academic difficulties. The work is performed under the supervision of a classroom teacher and the building principal. The duties of this position are performed in the classroom, lunchroom, hallway, and recess.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess either two-year post-secondary degree or pass the paraprofessional exam
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish the major duties listed below
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the role and the mission of Falcon Ridge; supports the values in the strategic areas of academic excellence and citizenship.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful, demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills to handle confidential situations.
Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to quickly move in a school environment where children are present.
- May sit for extended periods of time.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and carry heavy objects.
- May be required to block or redirect students.
- Must be able to effectively communicate through speech.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 per hour